You Will Also Need
- 1 New Orleans Front Porch Creole Jambalaya Mix
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 package smoked kielbasa sausage or andouille for more heat
- 8-12 oz. raw shrimp, fresh or frozen (peeled and deveined)
- 6 cups chicken broth (48 oz.)
- 1 can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes
Here's What You Do
- Slice sausage link lengthwise and then crosswise into 1/4" thick half circles.
- In a 4-quart pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add the sausage and sauté until browned and crispy, 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in contents of the soup mix for 30 seconds
- Add broth, tomatoes, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook uncovered for 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat and serve with crusty French bread.
*Soup will continue to thicken as it rests. We like it thicker but add more broth or water to thin as desired.
We are working on a dedicated vegan recipe, in the meantime, use vegetable broth and your favorite plant-based sausage & shrimp substitutes.
We don’t currently have a slow cooker variation for this soup.
We don’t currently have a pressure cooker for this soup.
We don’t currently have a recipe variation for this soup, please send us yours!
Cooking & Nutrition Tips
Remember these are soup-starter mixes, you can’t go wrong! Feel free to omit any of our recommended additions and/or add any of your favorites!
To reduce sodium: use a low-sodium broth, bone broth, or stock.
For added nutrition: look in your fridge/garden and add any vegetables you have on hand!