Arizona Sunset Enchilada Soup Recipe
You Will Also Need
- Arizona Sunset Enchilada Soup Mix
- 6 cups Chicken broth
- 2 cups Cooked chicken, cut up
- 1 cup Salsa verde or green chili enchilada sauce (choose mild, medium or hot!)
- 1 cup Shredded Monterey Jack/cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Sour cream, optional
Here's What You Do
- In a 3 to 4-quart pot, bring 6 cups chicken broth to a simmer.
- Reduce heat and add contents of Arizona Sunset Enchilada Soup Mix, 1 cup salsa verde (or green chili enchilada sauce), and chicken.
- Return to a simmer, cover and cook for 25 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add shredded cheese and serve with a lime wedge garnish. Or, for a creamier version, stir in sour cream and enjoy.
When reheating this soup, keep temperature low to avoid cheese sticking to the soup pot.
You will replace chicken with one large, peeled and diced sweet potato.
You Will Also Need:
- 4 cups vegetable broth (32 oz.)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 can mild green chili enchilada sauce (14 oz.)
- 1 cup non-dairy shredded Monterey Jack/cheddar cheese
Here’s What You Do:
- In a 3 or 4-quart pot, bring vegetable broth to a simmer.
- Add contents of Arizona Sunset Enchilada Soup Mix, enchilada sauce, and sweet potato.
- Cover and simmer 35 minutes.
- Stir in shredded cheese and serve.
We do not recommend using a slow cooker due to the short cooking time on the stovetop.
We do not recommend using a pressure cooker due to the short cooking time on the stovetop.
MEXICAN TURKEY CHILI RECIPE
Here’s What You Do:
- Substitute 1 pound ground turkey for the chicken.
- Start recipe by sautéing turkey, add in the soup mix and 4 cups chicken broth.
- Add 1 14-oz can chopped tomatoes or tomato salsa or salsa verde.
- Bring to a simmer and cover for 25 minutes over low heat.
- Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream on top.
Cooking & Nutrition Tips
Remember these are soup-starter mixes, you can’t go wrong! Feel free to omit any of our recommended additions and/or add any of your favorites!
- To boost vegetables, add 1 diced bell pepper and ½ cup diced onions with soup mix.
- To give a twist, prepare with 12 ounces cod, shrimp, or mahi-mahi instead of chicken. Add fish or seafood in the final 5 minutes of cooking time.
- To cut fat, prepare without cheese and add sliced avocado as topping when serving.
- To reduce sodium: use a low-sodium broth, bone broth, or stock.
- For added protein: add a can of your favorite bean (black, chickpea, navy, etc), chicken breast, or other plant-based protein option.
- For added nutrition: look in your fridge/garden and add any vegetables you have on hand!