Connecticut Cottage Chicken Noodle Soup
You Will Also Need
- Connecticut Cottage Chicken Noodle Soup Mix
- 6 cups Chicken broth
- 1 cup Water
- 3 cups Cooked chicken breast, cut up (12-16 oz)
Here's What You Do
- In a 3 or 4-quart pot, bring broth and water to a boil. Reduce heat and stir in chicken and vegetable seasoning packet from soup mix.
- Return to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow to stand 5 minutes. Serve with cornbread or other soft roll and enjoy.
We simply substituted vegetables for chicken in this super easy recipe.
You Will Also Need:
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Red bell pepper, chopped
- 6 cups Vegetable broth (48 oz.)
- 1 small can cream-style corn (15 oz.)
Here’s What You Do:
- Heat oil in a 3 or 4-quart pot, sauté red pepper about 5 minutes. Reduce heat, stir in contents of soup mix.
- Add broth and canned corn, undrained. Raise heat to a simmer, cover, and reduce heat to low for 15-20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let stand 5 minutes, and serve.
We do not recommend using a slow cooker due to the short cooking time on the stovetop.
We do not recommend using a pressure cooker due to the short cooking time on the stovetop.
FRONTIER SOUPS FRIED RICE
Add 1/2 cup of white wine for last 10 minutes of cooking time.
- Saute 1 cup of long grain white rice in 2T of butter.
- Stir in the contents of the vegetable seasoning packet from the chicken noodle mix.
- Add 4 cups of chicken broth, bring to a simmer, cover and cook 15 minutes on low.
- Add the noodles, simmer 10 minutes more until all liquid is absorbed and serve!
Cooking & Nutrition Tips
Remember these are soup-starter mixes, you can’t go wrong! Feel free to omit any of our recommended additions and/or add any of your favorites!
- To reduce sodium: use a low-sodium broth, bone broth, or stock.
- For added protein: add a can of your favorite bean (black, chickpea, navy, etc), chicken breast, or other plant-based protein option.
- For added nutrition: look in your fridge/garden and add any vegetables you have on hand!