Soup is my favorite go-to meal. The variety of possibilities are endless. With Frontier Soups, it’s easier than ever to have a one-stop-shop that takes the guesswork out of cooking. Their incredible variety of mixes have everything you need to enjoy a hearty, healthy and full-flavored delicious meal again and again. It’s one of the easiest meals to make and offers the homemade taste and quality we all desire.
Fall is my favorite time of year for soups and anytime is my favorite time for leftovers! This Frontier Soups West Coast Kale & Quinoa soup mix serves 8 so making this once for my husband and I produces four meals for us! Though it’s incredible on its own, these soup mixes are perfect for customizing as you like. I wanted to share my recipe with you where I added in some of my fall favorites like butternut squash, zucchini, corn kernels and kidney beans. It’s sure to be a new family favorite!
KALE & QUINOA SOUP
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- ½ of a medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ of a large zucchini, diced
- 1 (12-ounce) package of frozen butternut squash
- 1 (15-ounce) can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14-ounce) can of petite tomatoes, in their juices
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- ½ cup of corn kernels
- 1 (4.5-ounce) package of Frontier Soups Kale & Quinoa Soup Mix
- Salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the onions and saute for about 5 minutes, until they’re translucent and tender.
- Add in the zucchini, butternut squash, kidney beans, tomatoes, vegetable broth, corn kernels, and Frontier Soups Kale & Quinoa Soup Mix.
- Bring the pot to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer covered for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat and allow it to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Blog post by: Plant-Based on a Budget