The weather is cooling down, and I just love a warm, welcoming soup on a crisp cold day. This recipe is so delicious I want to jump into the picture to take another bite! I have found it can be hard finding filling soups with enough plant-based protein, that is until I discovered Frontier Soups mixes!
This Southwestern Chickpea Soup mix is so packed with protein that it’s incredible as-is, but for an extra protein punch, I added in some soyrizo to make it even more flavorful, textured and hearty. You won’t go hungry after this meal! Frontier Soups offers such simple, quick and easy soup mixes that nourish wellness and can be easily personalized. It has become one of my favorite go-to meals. Enjoy!
SOUTHWEST CHICKPEA SOUP
- 1 cup of store-bought or homemade soyrizo
- 1 (6-ounce) package of Frontier Soups Jonny’s Favorite Southwestern Chickpea Soup mix
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can of diced tomatoes, in their juices
- ½ of a (20-ounce) can of jackfruit (optional)
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, saute the store-bought or homemade soyrizo until lightly browned.
- Add in the Frontier Soups Jonny’s Favorite Southwestern Chickpea Soup mix, vegetable broth, and diced tomatoes in their juices.
- If you’re using the jackfruit, pull apart the jackfruit pieces into shreds using your fingers and add them to the soup. Bring to a boil, cover, and lower to a simmer for 30 minutes.
Blog post by: Plant-Based on a Budget